WE ALL HAVE THOSE DAYS, where you’re just aggravated by what seems to be everything!
Today was one of those days for me, so I thought it would be a good day to discuss some of the things that really grind my gears!! I hope they’re common and maybe you share these same pet peeves!
(1) I’m a grammar nazi – I HATE it when people misspell words or don’t know the simple and common grammar rules! Specifically (NOT pacifically as I’ve heard some people say…GRR):
- to, too, two
- there, their, they’re
- your, you’re
Please don’t make yourself sound ignorant – do yourself a favor and brush up on your grammar school (see what I did there?) lessons.
I see this a lot in my industry and it baffles me every single time! We now have advanced spelling and grammar checking software that is built into word processing software so it confuses me when little spelling or grammatical errors slip through the cracks.
(2) It also grinds my gears when my chip breaks off in my dip!!! GRRR!!!! I’m 27 years old, how have I still not learned my lesson, or learned how to dip my chip without breaking it?! It’s madness!
What do you do?! Do you go in there and try to fish out your broken chip or do you leave it in there for the next person to enjoy? MADNESS.
(3) Oh, man – it grinds my gears when people have the music just loud enough in the car to make a conversation really difficult to have. When it’s not super duper loud, but it’s also not silent, so it’s just awkward and annoying because then I end up yelling over the music, but at that point, it’s just a guessing game about what they said in the first place.
Just pick one – conversation OR music; it’s not hard.
(4) I hate it when I get mascara on my eyelid AFTER I’ve already done my eye makeup. It happens way more than it should and it’s always when I’ve done a really good job at smoking out my eye makeup, and I’m really proud of myself, then I get frigen mascara on my eyelid and ruins all of my hard work!!
I know there’s an easy fix – just wait until the mascara dries, and brush off the excess [annoying] mascara with a nice fluffy blending brush, it flakes right off, but it’s just annoying as hell…and disappointing because it makes me question any of my choices as an adult since I can’t even get mascara and eye makeup right. I think it bothers me so much because I’m in my late twenties, I should really know better by now and I should have a better handle on my makeup skills, but nope – I’m a hot mess!
(5) It really gets under my skin when someone else eats the food I’ve been wanting to eat ALL day! You’re on your way home and you’re thinking about that delicious specific food and you can’t wait to get home so you can just chow down and satisfy this day-long craving, but then you get home and find out that SOMEONE ELSE ALREADY ATE IT!!!!!
OH MY GOSH – I take food so seriously and it gets on my nerves when I can’t satisfy a food craving!! I know it’s not their fault, it’s not like I notified anyone that I would be craving that specific food on a specific day, but still – it’s SUCH a let-down, isn’t it?!
(6) Ladies, aren’t whiskers just the WORST?! It’s always at the most awkward time that I find a damn whisker and I get embarrassed because I’m usually right in the middle of a meeting, I feel one, then I CANNOT stop touching it, just calling attention to it/myself, so then that makes me self-conscious because I somehow come to the conclusion that it’s the longest, darkest whisker that everyone in the room can see and is secretly judging me for.
Well, now that that vent session is over, I feel much better, and I hope you do too :o)
What grinds your gears? Leave a comment about some funny stuff that annoys you!